Most insurance companies today offer bundled insurance plans that can save money on your auto and home coverage. An insurance bundle, or multi-line discount with the same insurance provider will simplify your coverage, and can lead to substantial savings on your monthly premiums.
The Benefits of Bundling Home and Auto
Homeowners’ and Auto Insurance are likely to be your two largest expenses when shopping for insurance, so it makes sense that you’d seek to bundle them together to take some of the strain off of your wallet. Here are some of the benefits of combining these two policies into one package:
- Save hundreds of dollars: Save up to 15% on your home insurance and 15% on your auto insurance. Add your motorcycle to your policy for total savings of up to 40%!
- Increase your value as a customer: If you hold two or more policies from the same insurer, you’ll be more valuable to them.
- Pay a single deductible: Some insurers offer their customers the option to pay a single deductible for two or more bundled plans, meaning that if you file a claim on one or both policies, you’ll only have to pay a joint deductible.
- Simplify your life: Whether it’s the convenience of only paying one bill for two policies or having only one renewal date to keep track of, bundling takes the hassle of tracking multiple plans with multiple insurers and staying on top of the details.
Most people think of bundling as a way to take some of the stress of mitigating life’s risks off of your wallet, but other benefits of a multi-line discount can make it the easiest decision you’ll ever make.
How Much Can You Save By Bundling Home and Auto?
Insurance companies have differing discounts for bundling policies, and sometimes it can be difficult to find out which insurer is ideal for your unique insurance needs. That’s where we come in. Acumen Insurance can help you compare insurance bundle quotes between the best insurance companies in Ontario, and help you find one that works best for you. Contact our brokers today and discover how easy it is to find a home and auto policy bundle that fits your budget.
The amount you’ll save depends on the company that you use to bundle. Here are just some of the insurers we work with and the discounts they offer their customers for bundling multiple policies in one simple package:
- Intact Insurance:
- Save up to 15% on auto insurance and 10% on home
- If you have a claim on both at the same time, a single deductible applies
- The addition of other coverage, including travel and boat insurance to your bundle is optional
- Aviva Insurance:
- Save up to 15% on both auto and home coverage
- Pay one deductible for both policies
- Get an additional one million in liability coverage
- Economical Insurance:
- Save up to 10% on auto and 15% on home
- Wawanesa Insurance:
- Bundling allows policyholders to save up to 15% on auto
- Can provide a 40% discount if you bundle your home, auto and motorcycle
- Gore Mutual:
- Save up to 10% on auto insurance
- Portage Mutual Insurance:
- Save up to 10% on each coverage that you bundle, home and auto
- Unica Insurance:
- Save up to 15% on auto and 12.5% on home policies when you bundle
- Pembridge Insurance:
- 15% auto coverage savings, and 10% on home policies
Keep in mind that insurance companies frequently change the discounts that they offer for bundling home and auto insurance policies. Our expert brokers can find you the most up-to-date discounts so you can bundle with confidence.